Progressive and intensive care internship
Progressive and intensive care nursing is an advanced and highly specialized area of care provided to medical or surgical patients whose conditions are life threatening and require comprehensive care and constant monitoring. It requires attention to detail, quick decision-making and the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team. Participants in this internship will have the flexibility of online training combined with clinical and classroom experiences. This program utilizes the ECCO curriculum developed by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
- R.N. graduate of an accredited school of nursing and ready to sit for state board exams or an experienced R.N. with no background in intensive care nursing
- Applicants must be hired by Community Hospitals Indianapolis; Intensive Care Unit or Progressive Care Unit at Community East, North or South; or onto the Community Hospital Resource team.
- Lectures on basic EKG and arrhythmia interpretation, hemodynamics, vasoactive drugs, mechanical ventilation, pacemakers and emergency patient care
- ECCO program of 9 learning modules – self-paced Internet-based learning
- Opportunity to work with trained preceptors
- Flexible work hours within unit guidelines
- Integrated learning and patient experiences
- Additional clinical rotations in respiratory therapy, cardiac cath lab, cardiac testing, surgery, endoscopy and interventional radiology
*Due to the intensity and complexity of the program, participants need to allow two years to fully develop their skills.
For consideration, applicants must be hired by Community Hospitals Indianapolis; Intensive Care Unit or Progressive Care Unit at Community East, North or South; or onto the Community Hospital Resource team.
Click below to search for and apply online for a position relevant for this internship.
Apply online >>